CBRE Philippines is the product of the dedicated team headed by Rick Santos, Chairman & Founder of the company.
Rick M. Santos
Chairman, Founder and Managing Partner
CURRENT ROLE AT CBRE PHILIPPINES
Rick Santos is the Chairman, Founder, and Managing Partner of CB Richard Ellis Philippines. Mr. Santos set up the CB Richard Ellis operation in the Philippines—playing a major role in establishing the company as the leading real estate advisory firm in the country. (The CB Richard Ellis Group is the largest US listed Global Real Estate Services Corporation and a member of the Fortune 500.)
In addition to driving the company’s business lines forward, Rick also takes charge of the cross-border investment team focusing on the in-bound and out-bound movement of Institutional and Private Investment Capital. Mr. Santos and his team were the pioneers in the real estate/BPO industry and were also responsible for bringing many of the largest institutional and private real estate investors into the Philippines.
Previously, Mr. Santos served as the Managing Director of CB Richard Ellis Hong Kong and as the Head of Institutional Investment Properties for Asia. He has been involved with the Hong Kong, China and Pan Asia business as a former Asian and Asia Pacific Board Member and has served as the link partner to the emerging market countries of India, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. Mr. Santos joined CB Richard Ellis in 1994 and is a graduate of UC Berkeley, the London School of Economics and Oxford University.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND ACCREDITATIONS
- American Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines-Vice President
- American Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines-Past President (Years 2004-2006, 2008)
- American Chamber of Commerce of Hong Kong – Real Estate Committee Chairman
- Young President’s Organization
- Financial Executives
- Management Association of the Philippines
- Urban Land Institute
- Asia Pacific Real Estate Association – Philippine Board
- Philippine Rugby Football Union – Secretary General
- BA (Honors) Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Political Science
- U.C. Berkeley California
- MSC ( Econ ) Masters in Economics with emphasis in Real Estate Finance and Urban Development
- London School of Economics
- D (Oxon) Post Master degree in International Relations and Management
- Oxford University